R&D Team Leader (Node JS)
We’re Day.io. We’re the undisputed leaders and history makers in time tracking innovation. We make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe, who are united by a shared set of values and goals. Since 2016, we're proud to have a large variety of paying customers of all sizes - SMBs, Medium Enterprise & Government, that have benefited from the platform.
We’re looking for a highly motivated R&D Team Leader who enjoys working on complex products in a fast-paced and challenging environment to join the undisputed leaders and history makers in time-tracking innovation.
- Leads an R&D team (5-6 engineers) in the technical aspects of product development lifecycle through the research, planning and execution.
- Understand customer requirements & establish team’s goals and priorities by collaborating with other teams (Marketing, QA and Operations).
- Research, design and evaluate new services.
- Work in parallel on several application components.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting of goals.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Support and cooperate with other R&D teams within the project.
- Collaborate with product professionals.
- Improve system performance and scalability
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
- Strong execution, communication & interpersonal skills
- High commitment & dedication to the project and team
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Project management skills & High self-learning ability
- English – Full proficiency
- 2+ years’ experience in leading a team of software engineers
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing scalable systems
- 5+ years of experience with Node.js
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Proficient with unit testing
- Experience with RDBMS and nosql databases
- Experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS, etc…)
- Experience with clouds and SaaS architectures
- Basic linux system administration skills.
- Experience with Redis and Elasticsearch
- Experience working with Kubernetes - nice to have
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform - nice to have